A Youth Program Unlike Any Other
First Tee emphasizes Nine Core Values: honesty, integrity, sportsmanship, respect, confidence, responsibility, perseverance, courtesy and judgment. Through golf and our core values, your kids and teens will learn life skills like:
- Making proper introductions
- Managing emotions
- Resolving conflicts
- Setting up step-by-step goals
- Planning for the future
- Appreciating diversity
Advancing through the Program
From age 7 through 18, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of First Tee is completing Ace.
- PLAYer (minimum age 7, can test out at 9 years or older) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (minimum age 9, can test out at 11 years or older) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (minimum age 11, can test out at 13 years or older) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (minimum age 13, can test out at 15 years or older) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (minimum age 15) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Ask us about scholarships for financial need.
The Power of Relationships
“I consider my coaches at The First Tee to be some of the most important mentors I had growing up.” –alumnus
First Tee coaches are trained to create positive relationships that inspire youth to discover their individual potential. Our programs help young people build confidence, develop respect and appreciate the value of giving back to our community all while learning the lifelong sport of golf.